Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Plant a tree.... for your tomorrow!

I'd sing the whole song, but I can't remember all the words. Something about clearing the air. Anyway, we were able to get two trees for cheap through our local energy provider. Our whole yard only has one tree, and it's just a little ornamental tree, so we wanted to get some more. I have visions of Tate climbing in trees someday (but hopefully not falling out and breaking something)!


We planted them on Dave's birthday, which turned out to be a pretty cold day. I think the high was only in the low 40's and we actually had gotten some snow the day before. But the ground was not frozen so we were good to go. We planted a tuliptree and a red maple. I hope they do okay through the winter!

Tate supervising Daddy

Working hard

The Tuliptree
The Red Maple

2 comments:

Jaci said...

I LOVE how Tate's helping with a snow shovel!

Lou Ann said...

You'll be surprised how fast they grow. When we planted the blue spruce around the acreage they were just this little 'stick' and look how tall and full they were when we moved. It's amazing how time flies and trees grow along with it.
Just got back from sunny CA visiting Kevin. Got my mom fix.
Aunt Lou Ann