Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ah, the joys...

What no one tells you about the aftermath of potty training your little boy:

1. He will want to touch EVERYTHING in the public restroom.

2. You will start forcing your husband to take him to the bathroom when out in public because the thought of him looking inside the sanitary napkin container and asking "What's this, Mommy?" makes you want to throw up.

3. You will have to clean his bathroom more than once a week.  This includes more than the toilet.  You will also be wiping pee off of the floor, washing the rug, cleaning it off the wall, and washing the shower curtain.

4. The day after you wash the shower curtain, you will need to wash it again.  Sigh.

5. His bathroom will always smell like pee, even after you just cleaned it.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I feel your pain! Especially cleaning his bathroom...not sure how a little boy can make such a big mess! Thanks for the morning chuckle!

Jaci said...

Cason still sits to pee. I guess I have this to look forward to!

Aunt Lou Ann said...

And.....sometimes little boys don't grow up....I'm still cleaning bathrooms.