I was really excited to bake with Tate. I decided we should make some sugar cookies and frost them. I went to my favorite recipe site, allrecipes.com, and found the best cookie and frosting recipe. It was a three part process. We made the dough Saturday morning, put it in the fridge for a few hours, baked the cookies after his nap that day, then frosted them on Sunday afternoon. Overall, they turned out pretty good.
Mixing up the dough

Rolling out the dough

More rolling, more flour!

Tate got a little bored with all the rolling and cutting cookies out, and at some point picked up a pen from the counter. Only the snowman and the stocking were injured.

Me teaching Tate how to frost cookies. It was hard on the perfectionist in me. I soon gave up on perfect frosting and realized he would have more fun if he figured it out himself.
(Don't look too hard at my hair - it's a good reminder that I'm due for highlights in a couple weeks!)

Me holding the cookie and Tate frosting. He's really into Frosty the snowman right now, and we frosted a lot of snowmen.
Mmmmm - frosting is good!

Tate's finished products - sprinkles and cinnamon candies and all!

Mmmmm - cookie!!

Complete randomness. Tate likes to watch Dave shave in the morning and has created a shaver for himself. Don't tell him it's a heated eyelash curler!
2 comments:
The cutest thing I have ever seen. Seriously. He's way past adorable. :) Can't wait to see you on Saturday!
Cason loves Frosty too! Please e-mail me which recipe you used. I always take the lazy way out and use the tubes of cookie dough and my cookies expand into blobs. Someone told me I need to make them from scratch and use crisco instead of butter. Anyway, yours look great!
Post a Comment